Full of Stitches

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Discipline Dress, Day 1

Today I cleared off the sewing desk.. mostly.

20060801_tjtucks.jpg

I introduced TJ to the sewing machine. For the first 2 or 3 tucks, I worked a machine knot and let him sew straight. Then, I let him work the machine knot and tuck under supervision. Now, he's finishing up the rest of the tucks. I don't want to overdo it, so this is it for today. Hopefully, tomorrow we'll get to the next step -the zipper!

He's very excited at this point and keeps saying, "This is my first sewing lesson." AJ's excited, too, and was pulling pins out.. Now, she's settled with me and he's almost done!

Step 1 - tucks
Step 1, done.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • Oooh, put in lots of photos tomorrow--I don't know how to put in a zipper!

    Your birthday package is accumulating more goodies.....

    (hee-hee!)

    By Anonymous kt, at 6:26 AM  

  • Jennifer, would you send me your email address, please, so I can sign you up on the Mystery Sock KAL blog? Thanks!
    --Amanda
    amandawoodruff AT gmail DOT com
    http://bulldogknits.blogspot.com

    By Anonymous Amanda, at 7:13 AM  

  • [...] I’ve found at least 3 fabrics that can be used for dresses for the girls. AJ could really use some longer dresses. I’d like to make her some from the lighter color fabrics for the summer, that’s at least 2 so far.. I may be not seeing one. I’m sure they’ll end up soaked and covered in grass stains, but she a child, so who cares? Plus, I still have to have TJ finish the orange dress for her (I messed up with the zipper, is that even possible? I don’t know how to put in a ‘lapped’ zipper it seems and I was trying to follow the directions in the package. When I find my sewing desk again, I’ll sew in the zipper properly -it has been removed- and then let him finish up). Has it really been that long? I seem to have no concept of time. It’s time to get it done before it fits the next girl! [...]

    By Anonymous fullofstitches.com Blog » Waiting for a Package, at 3:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home