Full of Stitches

Monday, October 09, 2006

Intu-what-tion?

HELP!! I'm trying out an old pattern free on the net called "Knitted Sock, Adapted For a Child Three Years Old." I've gone through the half mile of ribbing and am to the pattern. It alternates a lace pattern and knitted rows. The 3d row is *wrong*.

The sock is 96 sts:
'1st' round works a multiple of 12 (stays 96),
'3d' works on a multiple of 17 sts -keeping a multiple of 17:
K1, Tf, K2t. K1, Tf, K3t. Tf, K6, K2t. Tf, K2. Repeat.
which I'm reading as: k1, yo, k2tog; k1, yo, k3tog; yo, k6, k2tog; yo, k2.
'5th' worked on multiple of 12 again, and
'7th' works on multiple of 12.

I'm thinking eliminate an extra knit stitch on '3d' and keep all other rows multiples of 12 somehow. Does this sound about right? 8 repeats on lines '1st,' '5th,' and '7th,' and 6 repeats on line '3d.' Has anyone actually made this sock?

Oh! I think I just found my mistake! I can't read!! Seriously, though, should I reduce the K6 to K5, or just drop the last st from the end of the repeat?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home