Full of Stitches

Thursday, December 14, 2006

Off Hooks & Needles

Why haven't I written? Well, I still need to take pictures of the 2 dresses and quilt I've made, but I've been busy with homeschooling and handwork. Here's a summary of the beginning of December (plus, there's still stuff in the works!):
20061214bookmarks
I need to starch the snowflakes, but they are #1-4 of the 99 Snowflakes publication.
2 bookthongs (of the 5 or 6 I made), 2 were given to Ben's friend the night I made them, then I made the others for fun.
The pineapple bookmark, and the one below, are from the Icicle Bookmark pattern online.
The hearts are cute, but the pattern was a tiny bit confusing.
20061214ajsocks
The socks are for AJ for Christmas. They're the "My Little Angel" pattern from SocksSocksSocks done in Lorna's Laces: Buck's Bar colorway (yes, the same yarn I tried to make my Jaywalkers from, now I'm just trying to use it up!!).

Tuesday, I decided to try crocheting up a pair of longies for the baby.
20061214greenpants
As modeled by the 2.5yo. She doesn't wear diapers, so I figured she could give me a good approximation of whether the pants'll fit on a littler one over a diaper. Looks like it may be a tight fit.. and the legs may be too long! The pattern is "Peppermint Twist Pants" from Crochet for Tots.
20061214purlhdc
The closeup shows the 2 sides of the fabric when working Purl hdc every other row, hdc the rest of the rows. I'll add this to my Purl Crochet page.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home