Full of Stitches

Friday, December 01, 2006

Advent & Other Things

My family has never celebrated the advent that I remember. But, I've been looking around online and have come to realize that the advent is the season of expectation. What a joy to be counting down the days to the coming of the Christ child. Myself being in the weeks countdown towards my next child, I can very much relate to the idea. I don't have any advent 'equipment,' but perhaps I can share the joy with the children somehow.

I joined the Ottobre-English group today. I'm going to use the 4/2000 issue dress #7 for the girls. BB is about 87cm tall and AJ is about 106cm. So, I'll make the 92 for BB and the 110 for AJ, both lengthened. The fabric is black stretch velvety stuff with red rosebuds.

Sarah just called me to tell me boy names.. She's so funny sometimes. She must of had a dream that we'd been talking about it after our visit out there because I let them know that we're waiting to find out the gender (so we don't know..). We've had names picked out for ages, just don't know if we're having a boy or girl. But, names have been running through her head so she called me to let me know. They're all off the wall, but they suit her. :) She's doing well this week, told me she's answering questions for newer MS patients. Her little boy (my nephew) is almost 2 and a half, he's 3 days older than BB.

I think, perhaps, she's wanting to reach out a little for emotional support. Our Gramma just passed away last week. Gramma's been living with Dad and Mom since last summer, and Sarah's not too far from them.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • We're "doing" advent for the first time this year. I didn't even know til the last couple of years that Christmas and Advent are two seperate seasons back to back.

    By Anonymous Sarah, at 1:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home