Full of Stitches

Saturday, January 27, 2007

It Has Begun

I woke up hungry about 3AM and had a handful of granola. Went back to bed. Woke up at 5:30AM with sore hips/lower back. Couldn't get comfy -hungry again. So, I got up and made oatmeal, folded the laundry, put the next load in the wash and tried to get back to sleep around 6:30AM. Still not comfortable.

Went to the bathroom several times.. Realized why. Checked the paper. Sure enough -having a show! I went online to check my email (I'd emailed the midwife yesterday with the light pink show that had started yesterday morning), she's excited and looking forward to our paging her. Then I went into the birth tub for a while to ease the aching hips. Worked a treat. I just got out after each contraction to use the toilet and was fine.

I put the laundry in the dryer and came back in the room. Ben started stirring (just before 9AM) and asked if we're in labor. Yes. He told me to call his Mother. Called her, let her know and she's calling my sister-in-law (her daughter) so they can all be excited for us. I should call my sister and tell her to come over :) . She was at our last birth because we lived nearby. She won't make it this time because it's too far, but she'll be excited nonetheless.

BB woke up and wants to be in the tub. Ben took her to the store. He's having me write down the start time of the contractions. Haha.. they were like 8, 6, 5, 5 minutes apart and now I haven't noticed one for 10 minutes -but I am sitting, those were while walking around putting away laundry and getting BB ready to go.

Baby is moving around great. Midwife's on the phone.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home