Full of Stitches

Monday, May 07, 2007

Not Quite..





Not Quite..

Originally uploaded by fullofstitches.


It's one of those days, I think.

I've got another 2-3 inches to go before I reach the proper length for my Schottische Kilt Hose. I just ripped out the heel and reseated the needles.. Now I can't find my working needle!


No-Bake Cookies
Better news, though: the children love No-Bake cookies!
(adapted from Betty Crocker Cookie Book)

1 cup (6 oz) chips: semisweet chocolate or peanut butter chips
1/4 cup liquid sweet: light or dark corn syrup, or maple syrup, or honey
1/4 cup peanut butter
2 Tbsp milk
1 tsp Vanilla
2 cups quick-cooking oats
1 cup nuts (they call for peanuts, we used pecans)

In a saucepan, heat all ingredients -except oats and nuts- until smooth, stirring to keep from burning. Remove from heat, add oats and nuts, and stir until well coated. Place onto wax paper (on a cookie sheet or in a container) by rounded spoonfuls. Refrigerate until cooled (if you can resist- this lets the moist ingredients soak into the oats), and enjoy!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home