Full of Stitches

Saturday, June 16, 2007

Busy Week

It's been a nice week here. Grandpa was in the area on business and was able to stop in for 2 evenings! He finally met little Cow - she just smiled and loved him right away!
img gpa and cow

I ordered a quick mozzarella kit from New England Cheesemaking Supply Company. Last night, while TJ was making Eggplant Appetizer, I was making mozzarella.

It's fun to let the children venture in the kitchen! We'll be at the store or farmer's market or wherever and one will say "Let's get this" and when we come home we'll search online or in the cookbooks for how to use it. Some things turn out great, some so-so, some let us know we don't like it. This one turned out tasty!
img tj cooks

When I finished the cheese, I gave a few bites to the children and set it in the fridge. Then I used the pizza dough recipe from the pamphlet and mixed that. Ben swung by the store on his way home for toppings (otherwise it would have been crust, sauce, cheese). That let the dough sit a good long time -when using whole wheat, the dough has to sit at least 30 minutes to unwind the gluten, overnight is best. Ben used to work in a pizza place, so I let him stretch the dough into a crust shape while I chopped veggies, then he had fun topping it. It turned out so tasty! I forgot to get a pic after cooking!
img pizza

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home