Full of Stitches

Saturday, July 07, 2007

Christmas in July?





Red & Blue

Originally uploaded by fullofstitches.


A month or two ago.. No, no, um.. in the early spring? I dunno, I think it happened this year... I was at Hancock's Fabric and saw this cute Thomas the Tank Engine fabric. I'm not normally one to buy brand or character prints, but this one had the trains on *tracks*!!! I tossed it in the cart and when Miss A here saw it, she asked if I'd make her a dress from it. Then young TJ sauntered over and read, "Ho Ho Ho," in the plumes from the trains. I sighed, and sought out a coordinating fabric. It was after Christmas (and, I don't really buy into the Santa hubbub), but I'd already said yes (and, one must keep one's word).

It may have been last month, or May, when I was working on another dress and these fabrics were floating near the top. I decided on a simple cut dress, for the summer the shoulders should be protected and with a nice twirly skirt. Well this is about as simple as they come! I cut it out and it's been in the To Sew pile since.

Simplicity 5627
size 4 (lengthened, and skirt widened to full fabric width)
subbed the button & loop with a zipper

AJ's very happy with it and would like to wear it to church in the morning.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home