Full of Stitches

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Tired

That's my whole excuse for not blogging lately. That, and when I spend time actually doing things, I end up with little time to write about it.

Nephew Z's birthday party was Saturday. We had a great time at the river! Then, we drove up to Papa's house (FIL) and had a pleasant visit. It was so cute, Friday the children got up and packed their suitcases and were watching the clock like hawks waiting for Daddy to come home and take them to Papa's for a sleepover! They had to wait a day, but they were so happy!

This morning, I started the Queen of Diamond Gloves from Knit Picks. They're coming out cute and would fit great in the right gauge.. and if I had distorted fingers.. Apparently, I missed something when I placed my markers and the back of the hand side grew, but the palm side grew more slowly. There's no reference in the directions on how many stitches end up between the markers, so I had hoped that I hadn't really blundered.. Then it became more obvious. The thumb seems okay, but the pinky is using half the palm stitches instead of being on the end... I'm half tempted to just finish it as is and let the children have it for the dress up box. I haven't taken any photos yet.

bamboo socks

Barb gave me some Bamboo yarn when she was here last. I think it's Regia Bamboo (I'll have to get up to look, but at the rate I'm going, I won't make it back to actually post this today). I used knitty's Widdershins pattern again. I should have gone up a needle size, so I used a k2p1 ribbing and made them longer to have enough fabric to stretch. I started the first from the outside of the skein and the second from the inside and knit till there was just enough to bind off. They fit fine, I'm getting used to the color.

Request
A couple weeks ago, we went to the LYS. TJ asked me to make a sweater from "Gold, Silver, and Copper" for him. He drew me a picture so that I do it right. We've discussed it and I've begun.
GSC sweater

I've got a few repeats of the stripes done. Each stripe is 1 inch. I wonder how long I should make it..

summer garden socks
I started the Summer Garden Socks on our drive this weekend. Turns out that I'm starting to knit more tight than I used to, so they're a little snug. Will have to rip and reknit. I may just rip and use on a different patten, but this is a neat knit!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

  • Glad you are having fun with the yarn. I enjoyed the pictures of Allana chasing the chicken...looks like she was having a lot of fun. Grandma

    By Anonymous Grandma Treese, at 12:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home