Full of Stitches

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Prepping

I made it like 2 days on the sugar-free thing. No, I'm not substituting chemicals for sugar, though I'm not against minimal natural sweeteners. Then came Valentine's Day and the man got me not one, not two, but Three pies. I had at least a slice a day (maybe two or three) to help get through them.. Yesterday, our wheat berries arrived and I ground some up and made chocolate chip cookies.

I've decide what I need is a plan: write out what I'm going to eat over the next 2 weeks, buy what will work, set aside money for the perishables for the second week, buy them then. The drawback for things like Saving Dinner is that one week comes to my budgeted amount for 2-3 weeks of food. And, that only covers dinners - not to mention breakfast and lunch, and -with children- snacks.

Thinking it over..

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • Sweetums,

    Kid in toothpaste (or vice versa), kid with scissors, food gifts from significant other that sabotages diet efforts??? How shockingly normal!

    Love,
    Poppa

    By Anonymous Poppa, at 3:48 AM  

  • Good luck with the sugar thing - I tried and even tried stevia - but I didn't like it and I still have to have a little turbinado sugar in my tea...

    By Anonymous Teresa, at 12:46 AM  

  • I'm aiming for one week with none, but keeping sugar at a minimum after that. As far as I can see, the best diet is the one that says, "I don't usually eat (avoided item), but occasionally I really enjoy a little." But, for a bike, I'm willing to do without for a while.

    By Anonymous Administrator, at 9:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home