Full of Stitches

Sunday, June 29, 2008

Begins With ā€˜Sā€™

Yesterday, Ben decided to paint a wall that the children had decorated. The other day, they got into my rubber stamps and took the stamp pad to the walls, doorknobs, hands, eyelids, and necks around them. After a half dozen coats of paint, the wall has just a faint hint of the red showing through.

Ben's friend from work, Ryan came over for a BBQ. The kids approved of him, and wanted to play with Daddy's friend. MissB ran around topless like her aunties used to do (one when she was BB's size, the other as a teenager..) :) and MissA took over his lap after dinner. MissC acquired a Dr Pepper and downed it.

Getting the kids ready for bed presented a slight problem. The tub has paint paraphernalia in it, and I didn't have much time to clean it right then. Ben suggested a shower and I let the girls get in there. After a while, sopping wet MissC came into the kitchen where we were playing Five Crowns and handed Ryan the 'toy' she had been playing with in the shower. I'm not sure who blushed or laughed harder, but we all were cracking up and none of us could remember the name of the item. Ben mentioned that I'm going through training as a midwife, and Ryan asked, "Doesn't it begin with an 'S'?"

Yes, speculum begins with the letter 'S'.

Well after Ryan went home and we turned in, MissC started vomiting. The first and last time she did was when she got hold of TJ's Root Beer and drank half the can. I remembered the Dr Pepper and just worked with her. I've been nursing her, changing clothes and keeping towels handy for the last 9 hours and thankfully, she's starting to have longer intervals between upchuckings. She's kept a good desire for beverage, too, asking for water since about 9AM, and she's starting to eat a bit again. She's being so calm and only getting fussy just before, which gives me time to get her contained now. I just need to wash my mattress (or buy a new one...) and we're all set.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • That's a funny story - I hope Miss C is feeling better now.

    By Anonymous Teresa, at 1:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home