Full of Stitches

Saturday, June 14, 2008

June Bug

img missb moose
MissB is officially 4 years old. She's still trying to be 5, but she'll have to wait another year. The grands and uncle came out for a visit the week before her birthday, so we were able to have a nice celebration with them. I made a Green Velvet cake (I was out of red dye) which MissB doted on (purple & green being her favorite colors).

img missb apron

I've done a little bit of sewing. I made this blue strawberry apron for MissB (early B-day present) and I've started a dress for me. I'll get the apron pattern info later. It's an older pattern for a 'top or dress.' MissB's consistently asking for strawberry patterned fabrics every time we're looking at the fabric store lately.

My dress is a vintage Marian Martin pattern. It scalloped neck, sleeve, and pocket edges. I'd forgotten to remove the shoulder pad allowance before cutting, so I need to rip the sleeves & shoulder seams and fix that. Otherwise, I'm so pleased with the dress!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • Happy Birthday to Miss B! The strawberry apron is so cute and the green velvet cake is such a good idea - it's the Man-Cub's favorite color as well.

    By Anonymous Teresa, at 12:44 AM  

  • Thanks, she loves them both! I'd have done purple (her favorite), but was out of red.

    By Anonymous Administrator, at 5:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home