Full of Stitches

Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Nursery

This week, I was supposed to be enjoying the history and scenery in Yellowstone National Park, but Ben's got a deadline. So, TJ is having his first vacation without us. We sent him on an airplane to visit Poppa & Nanna, and they're in Yellowstone. In my family, no news is good news, so I haven't heard from him since he arrived at their house. They'll probably call to let me know he's safely on the plane on the way home next week.

This week is VBS at the church family I attend. One of the gals in charge called me about a month ago and asked if I could help out in the nursery. Sure, I might as well. The girls were signed up and we waited for the week of fun & games. So, each day from 9 to noon we head to the church. The older two go to their class and I've got 4 or 5 just about two year olds and one little baby.

Monday, I didn't know how many to expect, so we played it by ear. We went out to the playground when the PreK class finished and played for a bit while a helper stayed with the littlest (the Mom was set to come in to nurse in that time, so it was good timing). Then, they just played & had one snack break.

Tuesday, I asked for art supplies. We were mostly inside, and a snack. The crayons and markers arrived and we made a poster of hands and scribbles.

Today, I forgot my songs in sign language book, but we made sure to go out on the playground, had our set snack time and watched a Veggie Tale video, and made individual hand pages to take home.

So, two more days to go. I've been looking up ideas so that I don't go stir crazy. I'm going to grab my sign-songs book and I've got a craft box and some ideas. We'll make hand puppets one day and macaroni pictures another. I may even try a popsicle stick puzzle.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home