Full of Stitches

Friday, May 14, 2010

A Breath of Sunshine

It's a gorgeous day in California (like usual). The birds are singing, the leaves are whispering in the breeze, the children are donning swimsuits.



I took a few minutes in the garden and found the onions are bolting- It's been a cool, wet spring- I plucked the largest one and will use it for some chicken stew tonight.



The celery is starting to look like it has joints. That should be ready for eating come early June.



The strawberries need mulching! Fantastic juicy strawberries in the dirt (sigh). Making a list for the weekend (mulch, irrigation system, timer).



What in the world did I plant? They're growing well.. Let's see..



Radishes!! T.J.'s gonna love this!




We're trying hay as mulch for the potatoes. Last year, I gave them a go in soil, but it was too heavy and they didn't produce. I'm aiming to peek next month and see how they're doing. I think we have early and mid season. Here's hoping they produce!

The artichokes in the background are for Ben, they've got good deep soil in that pot. And, yeah, I've got some serious weeding to do!!



Have you seen the pretty compost container Ben made? It's one of his first wood projects and worked out nicely here.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home