Full of Stitches

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Little Green Afghan

On Monday, I sat down to crochet some stash and was joined by MissA & MissB wanting to learn to knit. I got them each started, and was able to crochet the first skein of yarn into the center star motif of the "Morning Glory" afghan from Circular Baby Afghans. MissA really likes the 'snowflake' I made. :)



Tuesday was lovely, until I injured my foot. TJ helped me make breakfast, we tidied the house, the children played outside, and after lunch we rode our bikes over to the ice cream shop & had ice cream.

When we returned, MissC hurt her finger. I had to nurse Little Guy, so I set her on my bed with her ice pack. Then, I'm not sure what exactly happened! I was by my dresser, turned around and tripped and my foot slammed into a screw sticking out of my bed frame! (How did it get loose? No clue!) It didn't hurt for a moment, except for pulling it off the screw, and started bruising.. I hollered to TJ to bring me another ice pack & a screwdriver & just sat down.


I bent that screw, I was going to screw it in, but couldn't. Somehow, though the pain became excruciating for a bit, I got on the bed and put my foot up & iced it for the next few hours (on for 30-40 min, off for 20-30, on, etc) until it was time to get Ben. During that time, I'd managed to crochet up the next skein of yarn and was out of the second color. So, when I picked up Ben, we stopped by the yarn shop for more yarn. Putting on my shoe was incredibly painful (yeah, birth-smirth, a bruised foot hurts!). I'm glad he talked me into 2 skeins - one was just over 1/2 a round too little to finish the pineapple (strawberry?) motif. The next color will be another shade lighter.

I hadn't planned on finishing the little blanket this week, but with piano class Wednesday: I can sit at the park & crochet while the littles play..

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home