Full of Stitches

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Bucket Bikes

I love the idea of using my bike as a mode of transportation, not just an exercise machine. The weird clothes and sweat just don't seem necessary for being on a bike. But, with 5 children to get around, what's the best solution?
I've been looking into bicycling accessories for a while. Most recently, I've had a bike trailer, but it's aging - the safety strap broke, the connector arm is somewhat bent. The older 3 children can go about 3 miles without too much complaint, but MissC isn't on a pedal bike yet & LG is just too little.



With the loss of the trailer, we're only taking short rides to the store. I'd like to ride to that park, but I'm not sure MissC could even make the library comfortably.

We'll probably get another bike trailer, but what I think would be fabulous to get is a bucket bike. The Dutch have just about perfected the art of delivery bikes. The only distributor I knew of in the states is in Chicago: http://www.defietsfabriek-usa.com/
Ah, to be able to test ride one!

But, perhaps.. http://www.mydutchbike.com/about/ I'll have to stop by & see if I can or if they just order them in from abroad..

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home