Full of Stitches

Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Spelling Course

In class today, I introduced the SWR Learning Log to the girls. As we went along, I explained that we would be writing example words that include the letter making the different sounds. This page was a learning experience for me!

For the letter A, its sounds are /a/, /A/, /ah/. The example words were /a/: am; /A/: apron; /ah/ wasp.. MissB spelled that last one W-O-S-P.

When we got to Y as a vowel, I again explained that we would be using Y to say it's vowel sounds, /i/, /I/. The first word was gym, /j-i-m/, using a G for the /j/ sound. They both wrote G-I-M.. And Y also says /I/, as in cry, /k-r-I/. Guess what? I want to cri, too.

Deep breath, they're just learning & will sort it out as they learn the rules.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home