Full of Stitches

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Chantilly Trial Take One!

Okay, I bit. There's a newer pattern company called Colette Patterns that have come out with some gorgeous patterns. I picked up Chantilly and hope to have it made up shortly. My dilemma? According to the pattern sizing, I'm a 4 on top and a 10 from the waist down! Wow, what childbearing can do to a figure! So, it's time to mock up. In sewing terms, making a pattern, or part of a pattern in a similar yet less expensive fabric is called making a muslin, because traditionally this is done in the fabric called muslin. I haven't any muslin lying around, so I'm using some pretty red fabric I have. There's only two yards, so I couldn't get a dress from it anyway. Maybe if it fits, though, I could get some contrast fabric for the skirt.


20110421-103402.jpg
I read everywhere that Colette patterns run large. And they're made for a C cup.. Yeah, so first I tried it with size 4 on top and size 6? For the band. Obvious to me are the side-to-side wrinkles indicating that my well-rounded belly needs more space.


20110421-103716.jpg
Again in the back, I'm on the right track on top. This size fit my ribcage fine, but I didn't widen it out enough below that.

More later!

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home