Full of Stitches

Sunday, February 11, 2024

BusinkaMania Classic

 


After a meeting this morning, I printed out the “Classic Brallet” from BusinkaMania. My bust ranges in size through the month, and I had it printed out at size XL (105 cm), though I measure the next size smaller today. She has a video on her YouTube channel specific to this pattern. I like the idea of having recommended stitch sizes on there. The materials links at the bottom do not take you to the products, I’m guessing she sold out on her website. It would be nice if the actual materials were listed and then an invitation to purchase at the site.


I did not pull the elastics at the armhole edge. Definitely do! 

Size wise, the band is too long for me. I will try the L (100 cm) next time. I have been wearing this one as is and find it comfortable. Just my sewing leaves a little to be desired. I did use wash away thread, as this was a test fit, so I will be able to reclaim all pieces and cut to fit the next test.

The lace and powernet were from a Porcelynne kit: Crushed Berry Bra Making Fabric and Feather Lace Kit. This kit was only fabrics. From their site:

The fabric and lace kit contain:
2 yards of hand dyed lace 24 cm (9.5") wide 
20"x26" shiny 40 denier nylon tricot 
15"x15" 240 GSM Power net
15"x15" sheer 15 denier nylon tricot
15"x15" non-stretch cup lining



I laid those fabrics out in order, and there was one more in the kit. It has some stretch in one direction, more than Duoplex. Is it simplex? I’m not sure. I also purchased what, at a glance, I thought was an amazingly priced findings kit (maybe she was phasing out the color?), but is an elastics and channeling kit.  So, check to be sure! She has several kits with various contents. 



After the band was sewn on, I didn’t have quite enough for both upper edges, as this pattern has very long edges. With the price being so low for this color, I may just send in another order and get the strap material as well. 

Next time I sew up this “Classic Brallet,” I think I will have all the matching findings and a wonderful soft bralette!

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home