Full of Stitches

Wednesday, August 30, 2023

Littler Lanai

 

What would happen if you knew a pattern didn’t fit, but you made it up anyway? I chose to go down one size from the original one I picked, based on measurements, to see if it gave me better clues for how this pattern should be altered. 

The straps were a better distance on my shoulders, but still far out. 

In the pic are my 3 altered pieces. 

First, the side cradle: I added an extra half inch at just the bottom side seam. I probably need to reduce the back pattern piece down a full size and add another half inch to get a better fit around my ribs.

The other two pieces are changed together. I added a full one and an eighth inch in height on the center front. It was overkill, but barely. I probably only needed to add 7/8-inch. This is the part I was struggling with last time I made this pattern. I was still new to bra making, and didn’t realize that this needed altering the first time. After seeing a few posts on LilyPaDesigns’ site and reading all the instruction pages, I did start to increase the center front for better coverage and hope to get the center to tack.

This center does not tack because the cups are so wide on me. Even too small, the bra is too big. 🤭

Next time, I’ll play with the AA-DD range pattern again. There are currently less changes that I need to make to fit that one.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home