Full of Stitches

Saturday, May 20, 2006

FT Sock Update

FTstripes2
Last night I stayed up to turn the heels. Then I started to pick up gusset stitches and the one had 20st across the turn, but the other had 18..

So, this morning, I ripped them both back to the end of the heel flap and turned the heels again. I carefully counted the stitches to make sure all 32 were there and worked 17 k2t sl st.. turn 6p p2t sl st.. back and forth. 18!! On the other, I thought that I'd counted out the stitches at 32.. I was a little distracted. Ben's got the older 2 and it's just BB and I. I turned that heel and got 17... hmm.. So, I examined it closely, there was a loose st back a few rows *before the turn*!! Rip.. back to row 28 (not too bad) finish to row 32, turn heel, voila! matched #s!! Now I've started the gusset decreases and found the end of the pattern repeat (note the red then white as the heel was turned). The whole pattern of stripes in this would be pretty much a whole sock! I think I'll pull out to where the stripes match and make TJ matching matching socks that he can wear with Daddy.

I've decided that the Pedicure Socks that I'm making for Naughty Sue will be the Super Secret Sue Socks and I won't post a picture till she sees them because she might see them here and then they won't be a surprise even though she knows I'm making them and what color they are.. and what they're made from and all.. So, as much sense as that makes.. I'm only using the actual Pedi Socks pattern for basic measurements anyway! I'm really using the Aran Sandal Socks for the how-to. However much sense you got from all that!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home