Full of Stitches

Friday, June 23, 2006

Accessable Clothes

I remember just after coming back from UK having a conversation with my Mom. I'd just invested in a few Elizabeth Lee Designs and was working on getting one to fit. She questioned why I would put so much time and effort into something that I'd wear for 'such a short time.' LOL! Well, I was able to wear what I made that time for most of a year (too bad I didn't keep them! They'd have been worn another 2 years since BB).. Don't many people purchase wardrobe pieces that don't last that long?

Now that I'm expecting #4, I have a new dilemma that I didn't have so acutely before (AJ weaned when I was about 3 months along with BB). I'm not sure how long BB will nurse! We took her off nights when we moved (which is why I'm expecting), and she certainly hasn't regularly nursed enough all day to make up for it. But, my maternity wardrobe isn't nursing friendly! I'm thinking that it'll be fun to use the ELD210 openings (hard to see, but they're closer to the sides than the bust points on this pattern) on some of the 70s maternity patterns (thanks Mom!) that I've got. I love the pleated bust that opens out over the belly. At 9 weeks, my bump has bumped! So, it's bye-bye fitted skirts (or any waistbands for a while!) and hello dresses, and -if I make the time- some under the bump skirts? I do have several maternity tops, just lacking in bottoms.

So, what's holding me back? The lack of a zipper. I cut out an ELD210 Wednesday night, and yesterday I sewed the front together.. And there it sits. Because I didn't check if I had another zipper! Perhaps, Ben won't mind if I leave him with the children this evening and run off to Hancock's.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • Hi Jennifer!

    I'm trying to send an email to you--Abigail has hooked us up for the August Birthday Swap, but I can't seem to get your email addresss to work! I'm at kamsarmer@cableaz.com, so drop me a note when you can and I'll look forward to talking to you soon!

    By Anonymous kt, at 3:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home