Full of Stitches

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Tuesday’s Child is Full of Something…

BB on Tire Swing

Actually, I'm a Tuesday's child, BB is a Friday's child, but it's Tuesday, and I'm sure I'm full of something (that was taken, hence the URL became Full of Stitches)..

I hadn't mentioned the injuries for the weekend in yesterday's post. My wonderful mechanic had a knee injury! It happened while they were hauling the hay, the hook swung into his knee. Didn't look broken, but it sure swelled by the end of the day! Thankfully, his wife is a vet's assistant, so he's well cared for :). Poor dear, I hope he's made it through the workday okay. And, Sunday evening, BB was playing in the dust (what else do children do in the mountains?) and managed to step on a stinging insect - most likely a wasp. I was keeping an eye on her through the window, took care of something, turned back and couldn't see her. Usually, she'll be in sight somewhere in no time, so I went out to check - wouldn't want the unlikely event of a passing hungry mountain lion to run off with my child! I quickly went out and around towards where she had been playing and found her holding her toe and fussing next to the boulder. She probably stepped on the insect on a plant there in the shadow of the boulder.

Jaywalker rip, knit need to rip

Onto the knitting.. This picture was taken on Friday after I'd ripped and reknit the sock.. and before I'd ripped and reknit the sock. The sock looks about the same today.

I'm a little frustrated with it and I think I finally realized why today. My previous 4 pairs of socks have all been knit 2 at a time. Currently, there is only the 1 singular lonely toe-up Jaywalker. So, I'm thinking that I should grab the other needles and get the second Jay started so that this one wont be so lonely and I can experiment with length, etc, on 1 and just fill in the gaps on #2.. I do so like having a pair when I'm done.. and I think this is holding me back from turning the first heel.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home