Full of Stitches

Monday, July 17, 2006

Wonderful Weekend

I left the camera in the car!! And my wallet..

So, no pics this post, but hopefully I can post one or two later. There weren't many of the weekend.. because I left the camera in the car! LOL

We went to visit my favorite mechanic, drove up there Saturday and just got back this afternoon. He's had our van for the last few weeks (had the car before that), and did we ever miss it! The van rides so much smoother now! It had bad front shocks and a rattle in the back. All better!

Ben and his Dad moved hay Sunday morning and finished just in time to get ready for the party.

It was my nephew Z's birthday Sunday (which is part of why we chose this weekend to descend on FIL and family). Yesterday, Z's birthday party was at the lake. The children had fun swimming all afternoon (only minor sunburns!) and we were shown once more how totally fearless BB is. She just wanted on the boat and in the tubes and to swim if someone was holding her, and to go as far as she could if no one was! AJ's much more conservative and kept to the tubes. They each had a 'frightening' moment when they went under, and each promptly went right back in - good girls! TJ took a tube and swam out to the island with Z's cousins. They had a lot of time exploring and using the rope swing and such.

I ripped back all the work that I hadn't yet posted about on the Jaywalker. I had started the gusset what seemed like too soon, ripped it out, knit even too far and did 3/4s of the gusset, figured out the row gauge and that it would be *Way* too long, ripped it back to a half inch further than the original gusset try and started the gusset again. Didn't actually knit much Sunday, just in the car on Saturday. And, since I drove the car back today, I haven't knit yet.

Oh, and I don't have the camera because we drove straight to Ben's work and switched vehicles. I drove the van home and the car will be at work till whenever Ben decides it's a day. Since he didn't get there till 1PM, it may be quite late! I usually expect him to get home about 10-11 hours after he leaves.

I'm going to sneak off and read my August Birthday buddy's blog now to get a feel for what to get her.. This should be fun, it sounds like she's getting married soon!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home