Full of Stitches

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

28 Weeks Today

A month ago I was hardly showing and headed to CO/OK. It was so funny in OK, the pastor's wife at our old church said that when I walked in she couldn't tell that I was pregnant and was trying to come up with something comforting to say about my loss (sweet soul!). She was very happy when I turned and she could see the mini-bump and heard me talking due dates. Suddenly over the 2 weeks I was there, I gained 5 pounds and the bump popped way out.

I'm in the last trimester. Only 12 weeks left till my due date. For some reason, I've got Jan 28 in my head (due on the 30th), but that's got to do more with the fact that all 3 of my children have been a couple/few days before the due date. Won't it be strange if I actually have to wait for this one?

Ben and I banter about what we'll be having this time. We opted out of the ultrasound scan and are just waiting it out. TJ wants a brother. AJ wants a sister. BB doesn't want the bother. Ben said last night, "I'll keep calling it a boy until she's born." Names aren't an issue -already have them picked. I just don't know what color baby'll wear -mostly blue it seems, as I've had 2 nieces in the past year and given clothes away somewhere, *and* others have given me boy baby clothes (perhaps hinting to the wee hidden one what s/he should appear as).

This week I get to run off to the midwife to get a shot of Rhogam -I don't feel I need this during pregnancy any more, but am not sure how many children we'll be blessed with; also, my grandmother had 6 children without Rhesus issues developing before this shot was being administered. Ah well, better jabbed with thorns than sorry later, right?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home