Full of Stitches

Saturday, November 18, 2006

Twist Top Dress

Last night, BB and I copied a t-shirt dress pattern so that I could make Rowena's Twist Top. Today, I talked myself into serging it up instead of playing WoW with the boys.. Rowena, thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Because, thanks to you, I have a fabulous nursing dress that I can wear with this next baby and -hey!- it stretches over the bump even now!

20061118twisttopdress

I need to fix my pattern piece. Now that I've made the dress, I see that the curve should have been more rounded under the bust. The seam cuts right across my bust points and I was thinking that this would be worn with or without supportive garments (it's a nightgown till I get ahold of some dye). edited to note: the underlayer protects, so the seam rubbing isn't an issue!
20061118issue
The only issue I've got is that I don't like the massive folds above my bust. I know that some are because of the twist design, but I'm pretty sure that gals with rounder busts don't have that big of wrinkles/folds with this design. So, I may have to do a not-so-full bust adjustment -but just the type that takes out a pinch of unnecessary room above the bust points without taking out the room for the bust itself!

Wanna see my cute belly? I'm almost 30 weeks along!
20061118belly

My husband says I don't look 7 months pregnant. I told him it's because I refuse to wear tents and oversize sacks! This dress will probably be able to handle being stretched through the end of the pregnancy, but I'm really looking to make some postpartem items -hence I didn't add the maternity room. If I get a nice wardrobe together, then perhaps I'll shift to making a couple things for pregnancy.

I do have to make one maternity dress, though, for the Christmas party at Ben's work. Maybe I'll just find some nice velour or stretch velvet and make one of these!!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home