Full of Stitches

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Patterns!

The first of my mail order patterns have arrived. I have the girl's 10,12,14 and the ladies sized Modest Swimming Suit. I was hoping to have and begin working on the little girl's 2T-8 pattern, but there was a mixup and they'll send it out tomorrow. Thankfully, the web makes fixing mistakes really quick, too!

I'm hoping to make one for my friend in OK's daughter(s), so maybe I'll just start on that one! I just need to figure out what size everyone is! And, hehehe, they're on diap-up, so they don't read my blog... (they've had issues with sites loading.. and I like picture heavy content when I can).. so, I can post pics and info on surprises like this and they won't even know!!!

Anyway, the pattern is a shirt (top) and skort-ish-thing (skirt & shorts & panties that are all sewn together at the waist). I'm not so sure about the skort thing, but I get the concept. Maybe the panties are supposed to make it more comfortable? I hope they don't ride.. I plan on making the top a touch shorter and attaching the skirt there and just making the pants/shorts thing a second unit. Then, I'll send it out to OK and make them test it and find out if it's comfy.

Oh, and I'll make AJ a suit of her own, too, to see how she likes it. Right now, I've cut out most of a trial run for BB from the New Conceptions'' (I use the Side-Snapping PooPockets pattern for my diapers, when I use diapers) One Hour Bodyshirt pattern. I used the largest cutting line (3T), folded it where it looked good to get rid of the snap area, and used the long sleeve cut off at Newborn length. I need to cut out the skirt and get it sewn to try it on BB. Then, I can make up the swimshorts.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home