Full of Stitches

Sunday, March 04, 2007

Waiting for a Package

So, I ordered that swimdress pattern (another is here, I'll tell you which I like better). And, I found a link to this company that sells a one piece already made version. I prefer the separate top and bottom, so I'll stick to making ours -Swimwear Solutions pattern makers sell ready made also-, but this one is also available. I've been looking for pattern reviews on either of these patterns, but haven't found any! I may have to dig up what my PatternReview.com membership info was and post one myself! um.. when I have the time..

I've been trying to clean up my sewing room. Imagine having a one month old and trying to make the time to clean up a disorganized sewing room. Add to that the slightly jealous (but getting better with each passing week) nursing 2.5 year old, and clean up that room. And, the somewhat whiny high-touch (not high-needs, mind ye) 4 year old, and keep cleaning. Now, add in the sweet but procrastinating 9 year old who could use a motivation to finish his schooling, and clean up the sewing room. Needless to say, it's a long slow process with crazy piles bigger and more plenty than usual. My husband has been wonderful, while he and TJ were playing WoW on the computer, he held the sleeping baby in the sling to give me a head start.

I found my ironing board.

And my swimsuit fabric.

Bliss.

Last night, I finally cut out some bloomers for AJ from a pattern (New Look 6258 peasant style top/dress and pants/shorts) I bought a couple years ago (I'd post a link, if there is one, but Simplicity.com is having issues). The pattern is sizes 1/2 (half) through 4, so I cut out the size 4. Even if they end up too wide, they'll fit eventually. I picked up some baby sweatpants for Cow last night and AJ put on the size 6mo as tight knickers (pantaloons? shorts to the knees)! The pants/shorts in this pattern are for woven, but still. I cut out 2 pair in corduroy that was lying around, so she can wear them in the fall or on cooler days this spring. Nights can be a touch cool around here sometimes in the summer, but not often.

I've found at least 3 fabrics that can be used for dresses for the girls. AJ could really use some longer dresses. I'd like to make her some from the lighter color fabrics for the summer, that's at least 2 so far.. I may be not seeing one. I'm sure they'll end up soaked and covered in grass stains, but she a child, so who cares? Plus, I still have to have TJ finish the orange dress for her (I messed up with the zipper, is that even possible? I don't know how to put in a 'lapped' zipper it seems and I was trying to follow the directions in the package. When I find my sewing desk again, I'll sew in the zipper properly -it has been removed- and then let him finish up). Has it really been that long? I seem to have no concept of time. It's time to get it done before it fits the next girl!

Someday, I'll even get pictures on my site again! Maybe after I find and use the sewing machine (it's on the desk, just have to make the desk useable).

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home