Full of Stitches

Monday, April 02, 2007

Done!

Image of dress
It's a better picture of AJ than of the dress, but you might be able to get the idea.

pattern: New Look 6587
modifications:
shoulders widened (to cover more shoulder) by 2 inches
neckline raised ~2 inches
sleeves lengthened and added split
skirt lengthened and made more A-line (less gathers)

I enjoy this fabric. It was a toss up between this and another fun print, but the flutterbies won out. The fabric was originally bought for dresses for the girls -almost 2 years ago.

And, I admit that there were those times while sewing the dress that I referred to myself as Miss Frizzle.

Labels:

4 Comments:

  • The dress looks great!! And AJ is just GORGEOUS! You're right, definitely an excellent picture.
    What kind of fabric is the dress? The color reminds me of linen but I don't think I've ever seen that sort of print on linen. Did you add nursing access? Will the cow let you wear a dress without nursing access for more than 10 minutes? :)

    By Anonymous Lindsey in AL, at 3:01 AM  

  • The fabric is just a regular cotton quilting fabric that I picked up in Ok a couple years ago. The color is slightly washed out here, but it may fade to this anyway!
    No nursing access! Yikes! But, I've got a few nursing tanks to wear underneath, so I just open for nursing, then rebutton, and leave it open at home. I think Cow likes the butterflies!

    By Anonymous Administrator, at 2:25 PM  

  • Hrm. Somehow I feel ripped off here, like there should have been four dresses, and a pair of slacks or two to match.. :)

    By Anonymous Aj, at 1:35 PM  

  • I did recently have a fourth child.. It sets me off schedule for a short while. "Tune in next time..."

    By Anonymous Administrator, at 2:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home