Full of Stitches

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Eve

I should be knitting.. Today was not a knit-friendly day, though. MissC came down with a stomach bug yesterday and has been in diapers for the day! That got me to finish replacing snaps to old diapers and adding snaps to 'new' diapers (are they still new if I made them just before the last child was out of diapers and ended up not needing them fully useful till today?). A few days and she'll be out of diapers again.. But, now we're prepped for emergencies.

img diaperstack

Ben and I were reading where some of the Christmas traditions come from. We haven't decorated much in the past. Maybe some lights and always the nativity scene. This year, we read the story of Christmas stockings. A few days ago, he told the children to make stockings. I had MissA working on the knitting loom, but I only had the mitten set and it was coming out the size of her foot. So, we bought a new set and started MissB on that. But, she has a minute attention span and the others were hoping she'd get her stocking done so they could do theirs. Needless to say, it's Christmas Eve and we've no stockings.

img tjmakestocking

Out came the handy tub of fabric. The children chose as simple/plain a fabric as there was. MissC took a lengthy nap, so we had time to make a pattern from a pair of Daddy's socks (placed next to each other, traced, then evened the lines -seam allowance was considered included). MissB sat on my lap and pulled pins as I sewed hers. MissA pinned hers, sewed the straight lines, then pulled the pins as I sewed the curves. MasterT made his stocking himself. I added the hanging loop, otherwise it was his project.

img stockingsgirls

I'll have to put their names on them before I put them away!

img christmasstockings

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home