Full of Stitches

Friday, September 24, 2010

Spud-Tastic!

Trying to live without using credit can drive one crazy at first. Oops, I spent all my cash well before payday. So, now I'm feeling stuck. It's my own fault -I can't go lots of places, but I have to focus on what I can do. What's worse, though, is that I'm not used to cooking everything. Going into the dinner hour with half a loaf of bread & 5 hungry mouths...
I pulled out the Baby and Toddler Meal Planner book (Annabel Karmel) & just flipped through it. The Lentil & Vegetable Purée caught my eye. Hmm, I have everything but the sweet potatoes in the kitchen. Then I remembered the garden. We'd found one growing in the cupboard & stuck it in the potato patch. It flowered a while ago.. Maybe it's got something for me.


Fantastic! There's a few good sized ones, I could have left the plant growing longer. The potato plants were starting to die off & I found some more spuds under them.


I harvested the whole bounty into my apron and surprised the children. I feel so blessed by this! All these lovely potatoes grew in my yard & I hardly had to do anything but water.



After a quick rinse, MissA peeled, I chopped & into the pot went a handful of sweet potatoes. Fabulous!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home