Full of Stitches

Sunday, January 31, 2021

Maybe No Wire

 Am I wrong to want a little lift? Maybe wires just don’t fit me? I can wear some from the store, my favorites are frameless ones with really low centers. Let’s turn to wireless bras, also called soft cups or lounge bras.


I ordered the much blogged about Watson Bra pattern. I think I missed the size I need just a little. I made the 34D instead of the 36D. (Note: I checked, I made a 36C the first time.) The band is just a little tight (Note: probably because I lined it with stable fabric in the front), and the right cup is nearly correct, a little loose at the underarm. The left cup could use more side coverage. (Planning to print out the 38C band for extra breathing space and to fit that bigger cup; 38C = 36D.)

I used all stash material: purple stretch velvet from Mom’s stash (might have been a costume when my nephew was younger), black cherry elastics picked from an earlier attempt at a bra, stable mesh for the front band, the slightly stretchy cup lining mesh for the cups, and firm powernet to line the back band. 

Minor fitting issues aside, I very happily wore this for 24 hours when I finished sewing it. Will have to adjust and make again!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home