Full of Stitches

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

But, It’s Pink…

Children dressed up

I made some dresses for the celebration of the resurrection of Jesus Christ. I know, it's quicker to say "Easter," but I was raised by a man who tried to teach us to differentiate between the truth from the Word and things of the world. In our home, the eggs are for cooking. Coloring them has nothing to do with the calendar month. Rabbits are for the stew pot or for pets. Neither are mentioned in the accounts of Scripture as what last Sunday was about. When we give plush animal gifts to the children this time of year, they are lambs, not chicks or rabbits. I have nothing against these others, they just don't seem to me to exalt the Lord at this time.

Anyway, enough of my ramblings. I began this entry last week:
I'm on the brink. Last week, I bought this great fabric for an apron. Only, it's a bias cut apron, so the food would be facing the wrong way.

This week, I've been working on a dress. When I was choosing which fabric to use, I almost picked the food fabric. Problem: only 2 yards of the awesome food fabric. The contrasting fabric I got is pink. I would have no problem wearing the way too bright food fabric as a dress.. But, pink?

I debated.

It frightens us.

I hemmed.

Would I wear it? With that color there?

I hawed.

My sanity was on the brink.

I layed out the fabric and cut away! I would have a food fabric dress! I would use the pink! I would make 3 dresses!

AJ dress
Simplicity 7120
View A top, view E/F skirt
size 5

BB's dress
Simplicity 7120
View A top, view E/F skirt
size 3

Cow's dress
Simplicity 4243
View E
size S

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • I love the finished dresses! So special and unusual. And such gorgeous kids! So, did you end up making one for you, too, or just the girls?

    By Anonymous debra, at 10:58 PM  

  • Just the girls. I ran out of blue between the older girls' dresses. Baby Cow's collar is scraps, then the doll in a later post took up the last big piece!

    By Anonymous Administrator, at 7:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home