Full of Stitches

Sunday, May 27, 2007

Hybrid Nursing Dress





MissB, Mom & MissA

Originally uploaded by fullofstitches.


Stitching blog? Oh, actual stitching? YES!

Our friends were over yesterday and we had a lovely time! Their boys are just younger than TJ, and the three get along pretty well. They and the 2 girls hit the pool while Mrs. A and I took the babies in the dungeon to freshen it. It's been too long since I saw the craft room floor, and yesterday she and I were able to vacuum half of it!

Last night, I fixed a minor mistake on the skirt and finished the center front closure and hem. (If you want to add the nursing access a la CS#446B, I suggest not lengthening the bodice to meet the skirt if the skirt is "1 inch below waistline" because doing that causes the skirt front to have issues. Keep it closer to the natural "true" waist so that the fabric hugs there and doesn't try to droop under your belly...) I think adding a waistband, like they have, would also help keep the skirt front more even.




Nursing Access

Originally uploaded by fullofstitches.


I haven't had a 'blousy' top in a long time! Feels very feminine. This style is easy to nurse in (I can keep the top 3-4 buttons closed and still easily feed her and feel covered!) This was fun and pretty simple to make, and will be nice and cool for summer.



Pattern(s): New Look 6678 and Vogue 7280

Fabric: Quilting Cotton (No, I don't iron much, I try to go straight to hangers from the drier.

Size: mine :)

Alterations: exchanged the flounce on sleeve D for the binding on sleeve A (kept shorter sleeves, though). Shortened blouse to attach to skirt as a dress. Made front shirttails shaped to tuck more easily. Added button opening and waistband to skirt front.

Outcome: I Like. It's a keeper.
closup



Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home