Full of Stitches

Friday, May 18, 2007

Six Socks

I've decide to join the Six Sox Knit-along. I'm really excited because some of the socks look really interesting. Right now, they have a neat lightning-lace going on. I won't be making these ones because I read what the name means:

"A Horcrux is defined by Rowling as a "receptacle in which a Dark wizard has hidden a fragment of his soul for the purposes of attaining immortality.
A Horcrux can be made from any normal object: Lord Voldemort used a diary, a ring, and other objects as Horcruxes. Horcruxes may be concealed for security, but if discovered are vulnerable to destruction..."

It took me weeks, but I had actually started a pair. But I'm feeling rather convicted now that I read that. I don't support the whole Harry Potter thing, the Bible teaches not to have dealings with magic. So, I won't make these socks (even though, one might argue, they're just socks) because they represent magical items.

If you'd like to join SixSox, a new pattern should be out in just a couple weeks. Plus, many of the older patterns are on file at the group.

I found the Regia Bamboo sock that I'd been working on and hope to have a pair of those made in time for the next pattern. Or better, get those and a pair from one of the older sixsox patterns done!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home