Full of Stitches

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Gleaming

My dear husband cleaned the living room carpet. I've erected a baby gate and the children are no longer allowed in there without proper supervision. Ben didn't argue when he saw the glue and specks of peeled off construction paper on his laptop. I hope to finish cleaning in there eventually... At least, I want to clean the desk tops.

I pulled the crib from behind the shelves in the garage. When I find the floor in my room, I'll vacuum and place it near my bed so that Cow can nap there -she's rolling and will be pulling over the pillows soon, so they won't keep her on the bed well enough shortly.

I also pulled out my MOTH book. She's six months old now. When we're out and about, Cow will happily wait 2-3 hours before nursing. It's time to get her interested in a like manner at home. She nursing from boredom at home (doesn't help that I don't find infant-play super interesting, but there are 3 others closer to her age who do!).

Nana (AJ) has been asking more for school. Tuesday, I borrowed from the library How to Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons. We're through 4 lessons and she's so excited about it. Last night, she asked me to teach her. She asks specifically for her Math lessons, and is eager to learn to read so she can do more. (sigh) I was hoping to wait a year or so to teach her to read, but I can't protect them from the world forever.

So, anyway, I pulled out my MOTH book because I was thinking of starting by scheduling Cow. I know she's fine with nursing less frequently, but has been nursing at least hourly. I think this week, I'll try to spread it out to every 2 hours and when that works well we'll move to 2 1/2 and to 3. Knowing how my body works, I have to keep at least 1 night nursing.. I'm planning on starting the day by 6AM (I've been doing that all week!), so she needs a nursing at midnight to suppress ovulation. That should work out with a 9PM last feed. She'll still have that 6 hours from midnight to 6AM, so we'll both feel rested. I definitely have to work at going to bed when I put her down though or I'll be my usual self: tired.

Now that I have a goal, all I need is determination.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home