Full of Stitches

Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Long Weekend

The good kind. Ben asked me to have the chickens gone by the weekend. No one up here was interested in them, so I asked my friends down south and they said they'd take them. Ben asked me to price posting them. Wednesday night, he told me that I could just drive down. With this having been a holiday weekend, we were concerned with traffic. The children and I left as soon as we were ready Thursday morning, about 10:30AM, and took short breaks so as to not overheat the birds. Now, the online directions say to go on the 5 all the way to the 91 to the 57N.. Who in his right mind wants to drive through LA any time near rush hour? We were on the 210 in Pasadena by 4PM. Only one hour of traffic and we were on the 57S, smooth sailing.

The birds have a new home and I had a nice visit. Sue had a rude introduction to mothering. BB didn't want to go to bed, and didn't till midnight, that first night. 5AM Friday, she was screaming. By the time she settled down, Cow was wide awake... Little brother stopped by Friday night - Cow screamed every time she looked at him (I think she was tired). We had lunch Saturday at Chuck E. Cheese with my older brother and family. Sunday morning, we finished packing and drove to Cal's new place and he and I made breakfast and the children played Sheep (if you have not played that game, do). We finally left about 12:30PM and drove back north. It was 109F.

This afternoon, I spoke with my MIL (mother-in-law) and she asked how much Ben did to cleanup the living room..
me: "Nothing, he played video games all weekend."
mil: "And he's still alive?"

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home