Full of Stitches

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Yosemite

was beautiful.

Friday, the children had fun hiking up to Vernal Falls. AJ (4.5yo) is a fantastic hiker, if you go her pace. TJ kept up with Ben. BB was carried by Ben most of the way (up and down). On the way down, we wrapped a towel to her back and tied her to his back to make it easier. Cow was content in the sling, she slept most of the way down.

Saturday, we played by the river.

I would share pictures, too, as I thought the camera was on my desk...

Now I must get back to life. Cow's wanting to be held constantly. She and AJ may have caught a little bug -AJ's hoarse and Cow wants to nurse constantly (but, that could just be to make up for being fascinated with her surroundings all weekend).

I'm beginning working on my MoTH schedule. First thing, Ben told me 9PM is bedtime -he gets up really early- so that means the children should be put to bed by 8:30PM. Next is to decide on nursing and nap times. Hopefully, Miss Cow will help me stretch out the time between nursings to over 2 hours.. That's only like 7-8 sessions between 6AM and 9PM, the goal would be 6 if/when she gets to a 3 hour schedule. I'm thinking we'll try for 2-2.5 hours for now and see how it works when we start feeding her regular foods. BB nursed about every 2 hours until I made her reduce during my last pregnancy. This will be my first scheduled baby (I tried it for a short while with AJ, but she lost weight, so I quit. But, that was also closer to a 4 hour schedule and it just wasn't right for my babies), and making the schedule according to how the baby nurses well and fits well with our family life should be a great help.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home