Full of Stitches

Monday, August 13, 2007

Zoo Trip

Mom: "Hey, T.J., later in the week would you like to go to the zoo?"
TJ: "Yeah."
Mom: "Okay, I'll check online to see how to get there." Types in "city, state, zoo" thinking we'll be heading up to San Fran sometime. Came up with Happy Hollow Zoo and Park just over 5 miles away.
Mom: "Oh wow! Do you want to go now?"
T.J.: "Yeah!!"

We got there and parking is $6. Uh oh, I thought, I haven't cash.. But, I had just 7 dollars plus coinage. Yippee! The gate is $6 per person from age 2-59. Hmm.. getting expensive, but the family membership is only $60. That's 2.5 trips with my children. Even better deal when we drag Daddy along! (um, Ben, you may be going to the zoo a lot this year).

Happy Hollow is such a cute park. It reminded me of England in how quaint it was. There were plenty of beasts in enclosures to see, and several goats and miniature horses and a donkey and some zebu for feeding and petting.

We didn't make it past the carousel, but there are several children's rides, a snack bar and a play area (lots of grass, a couple playsets). And, they sell sweatpants and shorts (what every Mom could wind up needing), and with the membership they're 10% off.. Ask me why I know, if you need to.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home