Full of Stitches

Thursday, September 06, 2007

Need A Game Plan

img sewing crap
August 23, I took this picture of my living room. I'd just started homeschooling intently and got booted from the sewing/craft/school room. Last week, I ran off to SoCal (perhaps in a desperate attempt to reclaim sanity). Sunday night, I arrived home to the same scene. So, Monday, Ben moved the pile of boxes to the garage.

Over the last month or so I've also come to the point where I realize that I have no job satisfaction. Perhaps it's just a case of "Post Partem Blues," but I've come to realize that I rarely like what I do. Sad? Yes. From the day I brought my first child home, I've been accused of being a bad mother. Why? Oh, that first time I offered to let a friend hold him even though he was asleep in the car seat. My reasons: a) they go back to sleep any where, and b) they sleep in the night sooner if they learn day is a time to move about.

My mothering has improved with the use of the sling. Now, I leave the carseat in the car, no matter what. Baby asleep? Baby goes in sling (or bed, when we're home), and no one can tell me how awful it is to wake a sleeping baby. Baby goes right back to sleep as I walk.

At times, though, I've almost convinced myself that all those cruel and heartless voices are right. How does one care for a home and children, feed them constantly, teach them, and get anything done.

Since Ben stuck them right under my feet, step one in the new plan is to get rid of as much crafty 'goodness' as I possibly can. Sturdy, useful, and/or expensive tools will be put away. I'm hoping to finish things (hahaha), one at a time. First up is a box of dresses for AJ that Susan and I cut out while I was visiting this weekend. I deem them important because AJ needs clothes.

This isn't helping, either. Smoke does me in (head first, then if too much I get ill), and the wind has certainly shifted. Today, I can smell -almost feel- the smoke. Holiday Sky (Monday, Labor Day):
img Smoke

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home