Full of Stitches

Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Early Morning

Sunday, I explained to Ben that I feel like I'm not getting anything done around here and I need to change that. I need to get up in the morning and have time to get dressed and ready to go to work, I need to know basically when my breaks are and I need to have a set time that work is over and I can relax before I go to bed. Ben suggested that I get up with him so we can have a couple/few minutes together before the day starts and I'll have time before the children wake.

Yesterday, the alarm went off. The baby stirred, fussed, nursed and I half-slept. Ben got ready and left for work. I went back to sleep.

Last night, the older children were in bed by 7:20PM. The baby took a bit longer. Ben was finally home when she was falling asleep. He and I sat up till after 9PM.

This morning, the alarm went off. The baby stirred, fussed, I sat up to nurse, wanting to hurry her and have a little time with my husband. Ben got ready as I sat there nursing and he left for work. She finally finished and I got up. I'm beginning to see a pattern.

People seem to think that having a baby is an excuse to not do anything. Realistically, it's an excuse to do less other than baby care for a short time, but not to stop entirely.

I was talking to my Dad the other day while I was uncharacteristically grouchy. Poor Dad. He made the point that I'm trying to DIY a great deal and that could only lead to more fatigue. Well, as pointing out the obvious goes -and Dad's pretty good at that- this only managed to set me off. Why? Oh, let's see, doing *anything* will make one more tired when one's already tired. But, perhaps, point taken.

I did ponder over this after a day or two and came to a conclusion. I need to focus on cleaning, so I'm going to use more prepackaged anti-nutrient food (at least the kids'll have eaten, right?).

(sigh) The children are up now, and I'm ready to head to bed. Perhaps, I need to work on going to bed earlier before I start getting up earlier. It's a vicious cycle however one looks at it.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • You sound like you're going through a lot of the same stuff I'm going through. I've finally figures out that it's just going to have to be OK with me for the kids to watch some TV/movies. They're going to go to school. We will buy ready-made clothes. And I won't be making all our meals from scratch, using ingredients we've either grown ourselves or driven halfway across the country to buy from an organic farmer. I still feel like I'm drowning, but it's better. I guess it's possible some of those things could kill us, but not before we will die anyway. Give yourself a break.

    By Anonymous Sarah, at 5:14 AM  

  • "Sometimes the first duty of intelligent men is the restatement of the obvious."
    - George Orwell

    By Anonymous Poppa, at 1:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home