Full of Stitches

Sunday, July 30, 2023

More Sahaara Adventures & Beginner Bee

 This weekend was the Beginner Bee. Even though I have some experience making bras, there were a few things that were clarified and some fresh info. I was even able to do a fitting with Ruhee of Ruby’s Bras, creator of the Sahaara bra pattern. She helped me measure better the BCD & HH called for in many patterns. I was wearing my Lansdowne and that squish caused me to measure at 38” bust, which is a full inch smaller than last week’s number, and two inches smaller than a month ago… With no change in my weight. Underbust still 32”, but the BCD and HH have been notoriously hard to measure. 

Ruhee suggested that I try the D size, with the changes I made to the center gore and strap angles. Also, to help keep the straps on better, change the back strap attachment to a more upright angle. 

I did all those, sewed it up, and something was off. The band that I applied has lettering, and I think the lettering stuck to the sewing machine foot and caused it to stretch in a bad way. I’m halfway through unpicking it. I really need to use the wash away thread with these trial bras! While holding up the bra, I wondered if there is not enough projection in the cup for me. I may have to play with that.

While I was hemming and hawing over the changes I need, I sewed a new bra for my daughter. She was happy, the size was better, but I need to go down a band size for her. Also, note to self: bring her strap attachments in also.



Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home