Full of Stitches

Tuesday, July 18, 2023

Sahaara the Third

 


Another longline, but this time with FOE for the bottom edge. It does roll up a bit, but we’ll let it be a trial run. I still have the second bra elastics kit; I had requested the add-on. I have enough back band fabric for 2-3 more goes with this color tulle, so I decided on using other strap elastic and hardware for this attempt. I have some hook and loop tape, so the  back closure is four high. It’s not dyed, nor are the straps, do you think that if I soak these together, excess dye may bleed from the fabric to the undyed closure? Doubt it, but ya never know.

Pattern alterations (future me let’s you know that I did this the hard way): the center point of Watson fit me pretty well last time I made it, so I printed out the largest cradle and played with the Sahaara. I used the center front shape and height (matching the center cradle curve), and that brought the center front down at least an inch, plus gave it a steeper curve because there just isn’t as much space there as the Sahaara desires me to have. Following the Rubies video, that meant that I should remove as much from the center cup. I also removed 1/2” from the BCD.

How’s the fit? The band is a touch tighter because my hook & loop is only 2 columns wide - the 3 high premade ones were also 3 wide. The cups don’t fit, the previous bra felt better and didn’t cut across tissue as much. Too many changes at once. It’s hard to afford fitting bra patterns. This one is not going to be called wearable. 


Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home