Full of Stitches

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Baby Shirt





Baby Shirt

Originally uploaded by fullofstitches.


"Mommy, put buttons on this so I can put it on the boy doll."

AJ had found the shirt I'd started making in OK when Mrs. H-- was pregnant with their 5th baby. I worked carefully to line up the planets so they would overlap and look nice, but when I sewed it they repeated! I set it in a box. We've since moved and the intended is much too big for it now, and they've since had a girl, too. I looked at the shirt, set it on my desk, and a few days later the girls ran off with it. That was before Cow was born, maybe Thanksgiving or Christmas time.

When I was sewing buttonholes on my green dress, this shirt came to mind. I went to the toy box and found it. That night, I applied the buttons and holes, put it n 'boy doll' and slipped him back into the toy box. Today, Cow is modeling it to show how well it fits on a real baby.

Pattern: Simplicity 5534
Size: S
Fit: comfortably loose, but not baggy
Alterations: none, but I may make future ones longer in the sleeves, hem to fit my slender babies.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home