Full of Stitches

Sunday, September 09, 2007

We Take Requests

Ben: You really ought to update your blog.
Me: Really?
Ben: Yeah, the room's looking better, and -you know- people at work read your blog.
Me: Ah, so it's really an image thing?

img messy living room

Yes, it's so much better!!
May I introduce you to (cue music) The Clean Corner:

img clean corner

What's that? Really? It doesn't look much like a sewing area? Well, silly, it's not. This is where we had decided to put his computer..

Why does he seem to be tormenting me so? Ah, that's my own fault. It seems that when a woman is used to her husband not being home (say, you live in one state and he works in a separate state half the year or something like that) that she gets used to putting things where she wants them. Then, say, when he takes a new job and the whole family moves somewhere new and she sets up the house, and everything seems to be in the right place... until honey comes home from the office.. Then, it's a really thoughtless thing to ask him, "Where do you live?" (referring, of course, to where he ought to really be setting his backpack and putting his papers, ie not on the counter).

So, I really had this all coming.

My 'sewing room' is now our 'sitting room' where he can enjoy time with his children (and wife), and the 'family room' is now a, well um.. it's an office... (sigh).

So, now I'm no longer pampered with my own place for my stuff (isn't that what the Feminazis have been fighting for? Equal rights), and have to put it away somewhere and just get out the project I'm working on. Like how I figure most of the rest of the world probably operates.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home