Full of Stitches

Monday, January 19, 2009

Making Linens

img RsOliveDoll

I made these dolls nearly two years ago (from Wee Wonderfuls Olive and Archy Make Along Story -the pattern of which I've somehow lost or deleted!). The one for one of my nieces I sent off right away and her mom (my DH's sis) sent a cute photo of her sleeping with it. The other has been sitting. Waiting. Because I know my brother and his wife would be extra touched if I put a face on it (I'm not much into finishing things, right? So, faces often get left off toys). Finally, in the wee hours this morning, after finishing a couple toy slings (child-sized doll carriers), I gave her a stern looking at and added her features. I think she came out alright, though her eyes aren't the same size or shape exactly. But, I'll get this gift out before my dear niece outgrows dolls! (yeah, she's only like 3 now, but I still have to put it in a box and ship it) And, now that I've done that one, I want to do MissB's doll's face; which she drew on in ink and could either use extra cleaning or highlighting.

img dollpillowcase

I found this neat doll bedding tutorial while looking on flickr. I made a pillow and case just to try it out. I have a feeling there will be a bunch of these once the girls find the first. Super simple, super cute, and it's a good size for many of their dolls.

(photos when I find his phone again.. pics up.)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home