Full of Stitches

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

NRP w/KS

I took the train. It was so pleasant. And quiet. Just Alex and I riding the train. I have fond memories of riding the Tube train in England - those rare occasions that I overcame my tendency towards being housebound. The nice thing about becoming a midwife (or any career, I suppose) is there are new things to learn. This week it was NRP with Karen Strange.

Neonatal Resuscitation (NRP: the P is for program) is pretty much CPR for newborns. There are many other factors to be considered with newborns than with adults, which is why it's important to be taught how to resuscitate properly. Karen is the current leading authority on NRP from the Midwifery Model of Care.

..more (hopefully) later, fussing baby!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home