Full of Stitches

Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Holy Day Dresses

I came across Practically Pretty the other day when looking for ready-made long dresses for the girls. Mrs. Betty Need and her daughter at Sense & Sensibility Patterns have come up with an adorable dress pattern for girls that looks so quick and simple to make up that I'm practically waiting with bated breath. Only thing is that blogspot doesn't want to let me post to her to ask if it's coming soon (she'd mentioned possibly March, it's now April), so I'm trying my hand at making one myself.

Okay, so I took a pattern, kept the shoulder and armscye, added a couplefew inches to the center fold and lengthened the neckline curve. That should give me lots of room in the center and room for a casing. I used single fold bias tape for the neckline casing. I'll sew more bias to waist for casing. Sew on sleeves, turn up hem.. MissA'll have a dress by bedtime. Just two more and the girls'll be ready.

And, somebody let me know when the pattern is ready!

(Edited: okay, I have a newborn, I finished it the next day. SO CUTE. The other two were done on Saturday. Super fast! I'll try to get a picture when they wear them next Sunday)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home