Full of Stitches

Sunday, May 03, 2009

rrrrROAR

A friend's son had his birthday party today. We hadn't a gift for him yet yesterday and I woke up with the idea for a toy. I quickly got ready and drew it out, measured the edges that would need to meet and within a couple/few hours had the pattern together. In the afternoon was the Ladies' Tea at church and I thought to ask her if he was still young enough to enjoy stuffed animals -realizing, of course, that my own son may still enjoy them, but that doesn't mean that someone else's child would so much. She said he liked them sometimes, so I scrapped the idea of making this his gift (after all, who wants to open a present and feel let down), and sent Ben and TJ off to the toy store for something he's usually enjoy.

While they were out, I cut out the toy and last night I sewed it. Ben stuffed it while I was getting young master A to bed (which means that it's not firmly stuffed, let alone overstuffed like I usually do) and we went to bed. Tonight, after she kissed me goodnight, MissC saw the toy sitting there and wanted it. So, Ben handed it off to me to finish the handsewing (closing the feet and adding eyes) and put her to bed.

img dinoside img dinofront

I can't find my felt, though, so the eyes will wait. The teeth and claws are baby rickrack sewn into the seams. Ben really likes that it can stand on its own.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • It's adorable!

    By Anonymous Teresa, at 1:43 AM  

  • That is way cool! Heck, I'm too old to play with one, but I would be thrilled to get one for my birthday lol!

    By Anonymous Rose, at 9:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home