Full of Stitches

Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Spring, Angles, Play

 While trying the band of the Porcelynne bra, I did find a comfort factor that has been missing with home sewn bras. The wire tips were pressing into my sternum, and I took a pinch of the base of the bridge and used a safety pin to hold it closer together. What a difference! I know. Wires fit to my “inframammary” line (the curve of my breasts), but the bra was forcing the wire to sit in the wrong position against me.


Yo. And I mean that in the most solid, I grew up in So Cal during the LA riots, gangsta that this little housewife can manage. And I’ll throw in a -Dude - for good measure.

My bra band fits. I took that tiny dart (1/4” per side!) and moved it to the back band to maintain the circumference. And I wore that until I nearly fell asleep in it. I do like to not sleep in wires, let  alone bras. I like to feel free at night.

Next bra I made up is the vertical seamed Black Beauty (LizSews on YouTube has a tutorial for this). I tried a Gothic Arch for the first time, but it didn’t turn out great. It’s my first, the cups need a touch of finessing, yet it’s wearable. 


Check that bridge! I have. Wires on top of each other, which may be a smidge too close, but it feels fine. This is the last of my Mom’s white shell lace. Blush pink for the cradle, and the back is a peachy color powermesh. 

Have you found a fit inspiration that suddenly just made things fit better?

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home